iSOLV VORTEXFLO as a compact flowmeter in a flange version is suitable for universal use in measuring liquids, gases and vapours.
The temperature compensation for saturated steam is integrated as standard, thus enabling direct compensation of the density; the mass and energy can also be measured.
Vortex flowmeters are used to measure the volumetric flow of gases, vapours and liquids at completely filled pipes. The measuring principle is based on the Karman vortex street. The measuring tube contains a bluff body, behind which vortex shedding occurs. The frequency f of the vortex shedding is proportional to the flow rate v. The non-dimensional Strouhal number S describes the relationship between vortex frequency f, width b of bluff body and the mean flow velocity v:
f = (S.v)/b
• Integrated pressure and temperature compensation
• Temperature compensation for saturated steam included as standard
• All VORTEXFLO versions in 2-wire technology
• Vapour and saturated steam measurement
• Steam boiler monitoring
• Measurement of consumption in compressed air systems
• Measurement of consumption of industrial gases
• SIP and CIP processes in the food, beverage and pharmaceutical industries